What if you could use smart home products to improve your family’s security, safety & enjoyment levels?
- Be re-assured that your home and family are safe and protected — whether you’re there or not?
- Receive text and email alerts on your Smartphone once an intruder enters your home or smoke is detected?
- Save up to 10% on your energy bills!
As someone who has already spent thousands of dollars buying a variety of connected products that range from smart bulbs and thermostats to cameras and smart smoke detectors, I’m going to save you hours of frustration that I went through; and fast track building of your own smart home.
I take the guesswork out of creating your very own smart home.
What will I Learn?
With this course, I am going to teach you how to:
- Install and configure a smart home hub (the brains of your system).
- Setup a single app on their phone that that will control all of your connected smart home devices.
- Install a smart security system, where your house will automatically arm when leaving home in the morning and disarm when arrive home. Will record an intruder on camera and will even play blaring music and sirens! No more need to pay a monthly subscription fee to an alarm monitoring company.
- Improve your family’s safety levels and receive instant alerts if smoke or CO is detected.
- Configure your mobile app to do all kinds of awesome things that will improve general lifestyle convenience.
- Setup a system that will protect your home from water leaks and damage.
- Furthermore, Gerard explains how to install, configure and use energy saving devices such as Smart Bulbs, Smart Thermostats and Smart Outlets to reduce your monthly electricity bill.
Don’t want to spend money on a smart home system that does not work? Then Enroll Today in the most comprehensive course in the world covering the topic of IoT and smart home automation
Gerard is an accomplished ICT professional, educator, writer, serial Internet entrepreneur, investor, and of course, a smart home enthusiast!. In years gone by, I founded a leading smart home online store and installation company. And let me not forget that I authored various books primarily Smart Home focussed.
I was born and raised in West Cork, Ireland and now living in Limerick for many years with my wife Olive and our five kids ranging from 9 to 20 years old – so a busy house! I have spent over two decades following Smart Home developments and taught over 5,000 students in recent years.
StartSmart Home Hub Overview (3:36)
StartUn-boxing Your Smart Home Hub (2:29)
StartPhysically Installing Your Smart Home Automation Hub (1:15)
StartSetting up Battery Backup on Your Hub (0:54)
StartInitial Mobile App Setup (3:31)
StartSmart Home Automation Mobile App Tour (5:17)
StartPersonalise Your Smart Home (4:53)
PreviewUsing Your Smart Phone to Identify Comings and Goings (2:57)
StartConfigure Each Room in Your Home (5:48)
StartCourse Equipment List
I Really Enjoyed This!
Home Automation For Beginners: Create Your Own Smart Home by Gerard ODriscoll was right up my alley because I’m in real estate, I love renovating & upgrading, and I love high tech geeky type stuff like crazy. For me this program was like being a kid in a candy store and I highly recommend it if this is what you’re into.
- Fred Ferguson, NYC
"When I started this course, I knew very little about where to start and how to go about using my iPhone to view IP camera's, remotely changing temperature levels and playing music in ever room of our home. After course completion; I added all of these systems to my smartphone and lots more :-) Highly recommended!"
- Bogdan, Romania
What am I going to get from this course?
- 45 lectures and 3.5 hours of easy-to-follow video training lessons
- Confidently buy and install various Internet of Things (IoT) devices that will ‘talk to each other’
- At the end of this course you will have learnt the core skills of how to install your own smart home system
- You'll have your own alarm system that will cost a fraction of purchasing a traditional home security system
- Regular course updates: new video lectures to co-incide with major hardware and software upgrades
- You're also getting incredible bonuses! Including a fully illustrated PDF copy of the Essential Guide to Samsung SmartThings Smart Home Automation System
- You won't be alone! Access to Gerard to ask questions
Frequently Asked Questions
The course is about 3.5 hours long, and has been cut up into small, digestible and organized segments, so you can refer back to it when questions about specific topics come up long after you’ve finished the course.
The Smart Home Automation Made Easy: Build yours in 12 Steps course has been developed for people with little to no experience in technology. That being said, even those well-versed in home automation will find a significant amount of the information useful. The course and video tutorials are split up in a way so that the introductory content can be easily skipped if needed. A number of electricians and alarm installers who want to start selling smart home install services have taken the course for instance.
Since your payment includes access to the Course Only Facebook Group, you can immediately jump in there to ask any questions.
Extremely mobile-friendly! You can watch the videos and download on your phone, tablet, or computer.